Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brooms will stand alone during the fall equinox...

My sister called and told me a couple of weeks ago about this broom thing and I didn't really pay much attention to it when she called (no offense, Sheridan, I think I was asleep or something). Anyway, yesterday, I saw on facebook where someone posted a picture of their broom standing alone and I thought we'd try it (the phone call from my sister came back to me). Well, it's true.
During the fall equinox, the sun becomes parallel with the moon or something (you'll have to check that out for yourself because I don't exactly remember). You can stand a broom up and it will not fall. It can only happen during a few weeks in the fall of the year. It is rumored that an egg will also stand on its' end, but Allen and I couldn't get that to happen. But, we did manage the broom. The eggs were quite a mess. Posted by Picasa

No comments: